Tuesday 9 September 2014

A is for Animals

...or "aminals" as my kids say (and I choose not to correct).




I started this quilt back in January, working on it slowly, very slowly, but it is finally done!

These are the Ed Emberley fabrics in the centre.  I love these prints!  They are so cute.  I did not have the pleasure to grow up with the drawing books that Mr. Emberley created, but I am so happy to have discovered these images now!

I made 12 blocks, which makes for a large throw or a nice play mat quilt.  It could be used for a single bed (twin) but does not have much (or any) overhang, which I think is fine.  We don't make our beds here anyway since the blankets and pillow just end up being used for playing with.  Could this quilt inspire bed-making? (my quilt makes me want to make my bed...sometimes).  Wishful thinking!

Here are some money shots of the aminals (typo intentional):





 (Sorry for the sideways pics - not sure what is happening!)

I machine quilted it with straight lines, using an aqua thread.  Simple.

I machine quilted the binding too, with a zig-zag stitch.  I have heard a few people say they do this, on blogs and in person.  I really like the look!  I used a variegated rainbow thread and it really works with the quilt.  It also made machine binding less time-consuming.  A win-win!

Quilt stats:
41.5" x 61.5" (105 cm x 166.5 cm)
Warm and Natural batting (100% cotton)

Listed in my etsy shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment